Sunday, October 14, 2007

Why I love Teaching



You would think that students in a Saturday morning class would be bitter. It is hard to get outta bed on a Saturday morning to go chat about Huck Finn and the Progressive Era...but, somehow, I manage.

The students are simply AWESOME, and that really helps me get out of bed. They are working on the Progressive Era Plot and have just been AMAZING! Eloise and I can hardly keep up! They designed an amusement park theme to tie together their three projects: sweat shops, rail history, and the rise of (local) Dorney Park.

The student showcase is THIS COMING Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 8:00 AM SLT http://slurl.com/secondlife/Finger%20Lakes%20Island/221/27/23

Please come and VOTE for the best student project!

1 comment:

Peter Miller said...

I'm sorry to have missed the vote but I think this is actually my favourite Lit Alive! build to date. Congratulations to all concerned -- in my opinion everyone was a winner!