Friday, July 04, 2008

More Cool Tools

I stumbled on this fantastic Mind Map whilst digging through the NECC resources. It is a listing of all the different Web 2.0 tools out there. It was created and presented at NECC by Greg Brandenburg. While I have tried most of these tools, there were a few new surpises. Also, Mindomo, the tool Greg used for this, is actually a really nice mind map tool. Given that mind maps never make sense to me, I was uberly impressed with this one.

Here are some of the new tools I learned because of Greg!

Scriblink
This is an easy to use online whiteboard. I am always on the look out for easy to use ones, as students can really do wonders with them when they work in groups.

WizLite
Like Awesome Highlighter, WizLite marks up pages. i am not sure that there is an advantage of one over the other, but I hadn't heard of it.

Twiddla
Need to hold a meeting right this second? Twiddla is a meeting tool, and it is totally free. WOO!

FootNote
This cool program allows people to share primary source material (photos, letters, etc.) with others. This is really interesting to me in my love of American literature.

Ghost
I don't really know how to describe this program. It creates a ghost desktop from your desktop that you can access anywhere. I thought it might be really handy for Literature Alive! as we could all share a desktop. I have to play with it a bit, though, before I go endorsing it.

FotoFlexer
This is a free paint shoppy program that is actually really fun and easy to use. I used this picture, and turned it into the one next to it. Isn't that cool? Those can then be posted in SL as textures.

1 comment:

Zohair said...

For a collaborative whiteboard, I suggest checking out Dabbleboard. It's got a revolutionary UI that makes drawing much easier and faster.