Thursday, January 10, 2008

If I Won Dan Perry's Google Fridge


Dan Perry is giving away a Google Fridge. Now, I must be a dolt, but I had no idea there was even such a thing as a Google Fridge. The task, if one chooses to accept, is to write the winning blog post that will capture the heart, mind, and soul of Dan Perry.

Sadly, I don't know Dan Perry. But, I will at least try to write a half decent blog post about what I would do with his fridge if I were the winner.

Dan Perry likes golf. But, filling a refrigerator with golf balls is ludicrous. Dan Perry also likes beer, but filling the fridge with it won't do him any good, since he won't be near the fridge to grab a bottle.

Dan Perry must be a kind person, and not one interested in making boat loads of money from this exchange (else he would have sold it on ebay). So, methinks there is a humanitarian in there.

So, here is what I would do with the fridge if I won it:

As much as I would LOVE to have that Google fridge in my office, I wouldn't be able to keep it. I would need to use it to do good in this world. I would auction it off and donate every penny to the Kabala Community School in Sierra Leone. Their current school is in a rice patty field, and they are trying to build a school with actual walls and a ceiling. They could really use the money, and Dan Perry's fridge would mean a world of difference to those kids.

To sweeten the pot, I would do the auction within Second Life. The auction would be called "Help Dan Perry's Fridge Reach Children" and every bidder would be asked to leave a pin on a virtual map. We could send a real map marked wit hall the bidder locations to the children with the money, so they an see all the people in this world who want them to learn how to read and write. We c send another map (perhaps framed), to Dan Perry to show him how widespread he and his famous fridge had become.

Dan Perry is a marketing guru; perhaps the idea that his name is associated with such a good cause is reason enough to give me the fridge :-)

No comments: