Thursday, December 27, 2007

Even More Goodies: The Indigo Girls Amy Ray and Emily Saliers

So, since I can't be in SL, I told ya - expect me to be posting a thousand clips off of YouTube.

I just watched an interview with the Indigo Girls (Amy Ray and Emily Saliers). Now, I have been an Indigo Girls fan since Closer to Fine came out a thousand years ago, and then I became a fan again when I worked two summers as a Girl Scout camp counselor in college. And, even though I don't agree with all of their political views, I do celebrate their voices and the things they have given up to have those voices heard.

In this interview, they talk about how their sexuality has influenced their radio play, but, moreso, the fact that they are women has been a hurdle in getting on the rock charts. Amy Ray was Emo before Emo was a code word, and no one can deny the passion in her version of "Romeo and Juliet" (one of my all time fave songs, by the way).


So, for your viewing and listening pleasure, I give you both the interview with Amy and Emily and then a rendition of "Romeo and Juliet."



and

No comments: