Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech Prayers

Please join me in praying for the Virginia Tech community.

There are never enough words to express a sympathy so deep; there are never the right words to convey sorrow and support.

We can all try to guess why some young person would choose to trash the lives of others and his/her own; we can try to figure out what snaps inside that causes such anger. Sadly, we can never really know...the voices have all been silenced.

All we can do is help pick up the pieces by praying. I pray for the college community and for the families of the victims. The mothers and fathers at home...waiting for the phone call...I can neither imagine their pain nor anticipate their fear. As a mother, I can only scream with them inside...please, dear Lord, don't let it be my child. There is one mother and one father I feel saddest for...the ones who get the call to say it was their child....their sweet child...that caused this pain. They carry the burden of the deaths, and, yet, they are not the responsible party.

My heart pours out to this community.

Let the souls of the faithful, through the mercy of God, rest in peace and rise in glory, and let light perpetual shine upon them, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: